It is estimated that termites destroy more homes in Australia than all natural disasters combined. Even a building slab built to Australian Standards can sometimes crack, allowing termites to enter your home from beneath, undetected.
Physical Termite Barrier is installed as a termite and moisture barrier underneath or around the perimeter of the slab and around pipe penetrations. This will prevent subterranean termites, capable of fitting through a gap sized 1.5mm, from entering your property.
It offers long-lasting protection for your property without the need to continually top it up with additional chemicals.
- What is a Physical Termite Barrier? - A physical termite barrier is a layer that is placed underneath the slab of your home or building.
- It comes in wide sheets which are laid in the same way as a moisture layer before the slab is poured.
- The sheets in a adelaide Pest control barrier are overlapped, sealed with adhesive and taped down with a quality cloth tape.
- The termite barrier is laid either with complete coverage beneath the slab or around the perimeter of the slab and pipe penetrations, depending on your property and requirements.
- Who should use the Adelaide Pest control Physical Barrier? - There may be value in installing a Adelaide Pest Control physical termite barrier if:
- You are building your new home
- You are building a new extension to your home.
- Benefits for Builders:
For builders, Adelaide Pest Control is the only supplier of pre-construction termite barriers that has national coverage. Our highly skilled and trained staff ensure your homes are protected from termites with consistent service nationwide and a single point of contact for all your service needs. Find out how a partnership with Adelaide Pest control can benefit your projects.
- Information for New Homeowners - If you have bought a home with a Adelaide Pest Control physical termite barrier, you can rest assured that it has been installed by a qualified and experienced Adelaide's Termite Control Technician.